Find Your perfect Holiday Accommodation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply holiday lets and activities to you. Please read these terms carefully. If you have any questions, please call us to discuss.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are Pitmilly Ltd, trading as Morton of Pitmilly countryside resort.
You can contact us at Morton of Pitmilly, Kingsbarns, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland KY16 8QF. Tel. 01334 880466 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or at the email or postal address you have provided in your booking request/enquiry.
BOOKING WITH US
Booking requests may be made by phone 01334 880466, by email at email@example.com or online at www.pitmilly.co.uk
Our prices and charges shown may vary throughout the year and are subject to increase or decrease. Current prices (which include VAT) are shown on our website.
- A 30% deposit is required on booking, and the balance is due 28 days before arrival. This deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Bookings made within 28 days of arrival will be paid in full at the time of booking. This full payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance to protect against loss of monies due to the cancellation or curtailment of your stay. We are happy to provide any required paperwork requested by your insurance company, if necessary.
- At the time of booking, you will be given the name of the property reserved for you. We reserve the right to move you to another property with the guarantee that it will be of the same size or larger.
- Please make sure your information is correct at point of booking – we provide a service in accordance with the information you provide to us. Changes may only be possible, subject to a £50 administration fee and only out with 7days of arrival.
DAMAGES AND BREAKAGES
- The lead guest for each property is responsible for any loss or damage to the accommodation and its contents during the period of stay.
- Guests are asked to leave the property clean, tidy and undamaged. Any damages must be reported to a member of staff prior to departure.
- Our houses are equipped to a very high standard and we reserve the right to charge for the repair or replacement of items or furnishings lost or damaged by our guests (reasonable wear and tear excluded).
- A replacement charge will be made for linen or towels damaged by fake tan, hair dye or henna tattoos- please take care when using these products.
- Morton of Pitmilly reserves the right to issue a £100 charge for extra cleaning to the property if it is left in an unacceptable condition– either excessively messy or unclean.
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes and vapes, is not permitted in any of our properties or buildings. A £200 charge will be issued against the lead guest for any instances of smoking within the property.
- In the event of guests leaving without paying any outstanding charges, the lead guest will be contacted by Morton of Pitmilly and the bill must be settled within 2 days of departure.
- Your house will be ready for you by 4.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure. Early arrival from 2.30pm, and later departure until 11:30am may be possible by prior arrangement only, and will be charged at an additional £30 for each extension.
- The stated maximum occupancy of each property must not be exceeded.
- Our prices include electricity, all bed linen (except cot linen), adult bathrobes, towels, use of the indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Wi-Fi, indoor games room and all outdoor facilities when the season allows. A towel change will be offered once during 7day stays. Please note that pool / beach towels are not supplied.
- A small supply of toilet rolls, cleaning cloths, a tea towel, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, salt and pepper are provided in each property. A selection of toiletries, tea, coffee, oil and other food, snacks and drink items including frozen meals may be purchased in the Pitmilly Pantry retail area.
- Please be mindful of other guests on the resort: respect their privacy and well-being, and be considerate about noise levels.
SWIMMING POOL, SAUNA, STEAM ROOM, ACTIVITY HUB AND CHILDREN’S PLAY AREA
- Our pool, activity and play areas are not staffed. Children must be supervised, and persons under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 21 in the pool and leisure areas.
- We accept no responsibility for accidents or injuries. Displayed safety notices must be adhered to.
- We reserve the right to close any of our amenities at any time, without notice, if circumstances require.
- The indoor pool can be booked for free by guests once-a-day during stay, for an exclusive use 50minute swim session. A maximum of 8 people are allowed in the pool at one time and there is a strict no food, drink or glass policy in the pool area.
- Guests' visitors are most welcome on the resort. If they wish to join you in a pool session, a charge of £10 per visitor will apply.
- The indoor tennis court can be booked for exclusive use for £10.00 per hour.
- Tennis coaching can be arranged with advance notice- these sessions are subject to both a coaching and court fee.
- The gym is available for exclusive use 60minute sessions at £10.00 per person per stay. These must be booked in advance. A Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) must be completed and returned before using the gym.
- A range of spa treatments are available. A minimum of 72hrs notice is advised for booking enquiries.
- All booking charges are non-refundable if cancelled within 24hrs of planned activity.
- One stow-away bed (including linen and towels) can be provided for some properties in The Courtyard at an extra charge of £50 per night.
- Up to two extra single beds (including linen and towels) are available for some properties in The Steading at an extra charge of £50 per bed per night.
- Wooden cots are available at a cost of £15 per week or £3 per night. Please note that cot linen is not supplied.
- Highchairs are available at no extra charge.
- We are a dog friendly resort. There is a charge of £25 per dog per stay. Dogs must not be left in the house unattended, and are not allowed in the Children’s Play Area, the Pool area or the Activity Hub. You must clean up after your dog - there are convenient dog waste bins around the resort and the trails. Please ensure that furnishings in the property are protected from any molting and from muddy paws.