Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a summary of important information about holidays at Morton of Pitmilly Countryside Resort.
- Changeover days for weekly stays are normally on Fridays and Mondays. Change-over days for three-night weekend or four-night midweek breaks are normally on Mondays and Fridays. These are priced on a per property basis.
- Shorter breaks may be available outside peak seasons.
- Your house will be ready for you by 4.00 pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated not later than 10.00 am on the day of departure. Early arrival and later departure are by prior arrangement only.
- The stated maximum occupancy of each property must not be exceeded.
- Our prices include electricity, all bed linen, adult bathrobes, towels (full towel change twice weekly), use of the indoor leisure pool, sauna, steam room, games room, TV sports channels, wi-fi and all outdoor facilities (outdoor tennis, putting, croquet, kids' play area, bike track, football area) when the season allows. A small supply of toilet rolls, cleaning cloths, a tea towel, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, salt and pepper are provided. Tea, coffee, oil and other food and drink items may be purchased at Reception.
- The indoor tennis court is charged at £10.00 per hour all year round for guests. Tennis coaching can be arranged; advance booking for lessons is essential.
- An induction is required to use the gym facility and the charge for the gym is £5.00 per person per session or £10.00 per person per stay.
- A non-refundable 30% deposit is required on booking, the balance being due four weeks before arrival. Bookings made within four weeks of arrival should be paid in full at the time of booking.
- At the time of booking a short break, you will be given the name of the property reserved for you. However, the owners reserve the right to move you to another property with the guarantee that it will be of the same size or larger.
- In the event of cancellations prior to payment of the final balance, i.e. out with 28 days of arrival, the 30% deposit will be retained and a cancellation fee of £50 will be due. This will be automatically charged to the credit or debit card used to pay the deposit at the time of booking. Cancellations within 28 days of the date of arrival are wholly non-refundable. Holiday cancellation insurance is, therefore, strongly recommended.
- Use of the telephone is metered and will be charged according to use.
- Stow-away beds can be provided for certain properties in The Courtyard at an extra charge of £25 including linen and towels. Extra beds are available for properties in The Steading at an extra charge of £50 per bed (including linen and towels) for weekend or midweek breaks or £100 per bed for a week.
- Cots are available to hire for £15 per week or £3 per day and high chairs to £10 per week or £2 per day. Please note that cot linen is not supplied.
- Pets may be allowed at our discretion. There is a charge for dogs of £25 per stay and £10 per additional dog, but they must not be left in the house unattended.
- Guests' visitors are most welcome, but if they wish to use the leisure facilities a charge of £5 per person per day will apply.
- Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible person over 21 in the pool and leisure areas.